Its been a couple weeks since I added to my blog, so thought I would spend a little time tonight updating it! It's been a crazy couple of weeks...
Last weekend was filled helping Matt's parents prepare for Justin's graduation reception. We had had a bad wind storm, and the cornstalks from the field to the south of their place had blown all over their yard. The guys spent roughly 8 hours cleaning it up. What a mess!!!
This weekend was busy as well - Justin had his graduation reception on Friday night. His was the only reception that night, so there were a lot of people! The four of us were exhausted when we got home. Saturday we hung out most of the day, and then had some friends over that night for our first summer bon fire! It was a blast. The older kids played really well together, and the babies slept for the most part. We enjoyed some fantastic s'mores! I think we got the other couples hooked to one of my favorites... using a peanut butter cup instead of plain chocolate! Actually, I'm not going to take credit for that creation... that's on Heather! Oh - and we tried those new chocolate/vanilla swirl marshmallows! They're awesome!!! Next time I'm using the strawberry marshmallows with dark chocolate... I can't wait!
Today was Justin's actual commencement ceremony. It was really hot in the gym, but both kids sat and watched really well. I still can't believe Justin has completed high school. He started Kindergarten the same year Matt and I started our senior year! Its amazing how fast time flies... I'm trying hard to convince myself that my kids won't grow up that fast, but Justin's proof that they will!
Anyway, thats a breif summary of the past two weeks. Thought I'd share some new photos of the kids as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment